Under the guidelines of the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India, E-Waste (Management) Rules, 2016 as amended by E-Waste (Management) Amendment Rules, 2018 have been notified. HOMTOM stands committed to implement E-Waste Rules.
At HOMTOM India we understand that our responsibility doesn’t end at selling you, our products. HOMTOM India strives to make available the best of the technology at most affordable prices and making sustainable development by safe disposal of electronic waste. We understand and follow the people, power and planet approach and this is clearly evident in our working as well.
HOMTOM India is willing to undertake the responsibility of safe disposal of electronic and electrical equipment and follow the guidelines laid down by the Ministry of Environment, forest and climate control (MoEF) (called E-waste Management & Handling Rules, 2016), which came into effect on 1st Oct 2016.
HOMTOM India seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products.
HOMTOM India will comply with all the applicable laws relating to E-waste Management Rules, 2016 (as amended from time to time)
For further information regarding about e-waste recycling and our e-waste recycling partners & their process, you may log on to http://www.ecleantech.org or call to our toll-free no. 1800 3000 1991.
Making the most of using the least.
We’re always thinking of ways to use fewer of the earth’s precious resources and ways to use them again.
Procedure for handling E-wastes:
Only authorized recyclers are authorized to handle Electronic e-wastes generated after end of life. To make consumers aware about handling of e- wastes.
Consumer must follow Do’s and Don’ts as mentioned below:
Do’s & Don’ts
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers/Dismantler handle your electronic (i.e. Mobile phones, Batteries, Charger and accessories) products
- Always call at our toll-free No’s to dispose products that have reached end-of life
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Points.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not Dispose” sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.
As defined under E- waste (Management) Rules, 2016 and E-Waste (Management) Amendment Rules, 2018 life cycle of smart phones is 5 years.
For further information about e-waste recycling, and our e-waste recycling partner & their process, you may log on to www.homtomindia.com or write an email to email@example.com or Call on Toll Free: 1800 3000 1991